Smart drugs pose special risks to the developing brain of young people
– It was found that any short-term boost in mental performance due to smart drugs may come at a heavy cost: a long-term decrease in brain plasticity, necessary for task switching, planning ahead, and adaptive flexibility in behavior.
* published in the open-access journal Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience. MAY 2014
– http://healthresearchreport.me/2014/05/16/smart-drugs-i-e-methylphenidate-sold-as-ritalin-and-concerta-pose-special-risks-to-the-developing-brain-of-young-people/ — at Vitamin and Herb Stores.
- The developing brains of young people at particular risk from smart drugs (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Smart drugs (i.e. Methylphenidate sold as Ritalin and Concerta ) pose special risks to the developing brain of young people (healthresearchreport.me)
- ‘Smart drugs’ may harm young brains: Study (indiavision.com)
- ‘Smart drugs’ pose special risks to the developing brain of young people (psypost.org)
- Students Risk Brain Problems from ‘Smart’ Drugs (livescience.com)
- Smart Drugs Could Be Impairing The Brains Of Young People (io9.com)
- Special Risks to the Developing Brain of Young People With Smart Drugs (medindia.net)