PCB increases harmful effects of smoking
– The study was performed within the framework of the so-called PIVUS study, which comprehends some 1,000 70-year-old men and women in Uppsala. The results show that the risk of having died at the 8-year follow-up was 40 per cent higher for smokers with low levels of PCB in their blood compared with non-smokers.
For smokers with high levels of PCB, the risk was fully 640 per cent higher.
* PLOS MY 2014 PIVUS
– http://healthresearchreport.me/2014/05/16/smokers-with-high-levels-of-pcb-in-the-blood-have-a-640-increased-risk-of-dying-over-8-years/ — at Vitamin and Herb Stores.
- Does Mortality Risk of Cigarette Smoking Depend on Serum Concentrations of Persistent Organic Pollutants? Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) Study (plosone.org)
- Presence of PCB in Bloodstream Drastically Increases Harmful Effects of Smoking (medindia.net)
- PCB can increase risk of abdominal fat (eurekalert.org)