Broccoli sprout drink enhances detoxification of air pollutants in clinical trial in China
– The research team found that among participants receiving the broccoli sprout beverage, the rate of excretion of the carcinogen benzene increased 61% beginning the first day and continuing throughout the 12-week period. In addition, the rate of excretion of the irritant acrolein, rapidly and durably increased 23% during the 12-week trial. Secondary analyses by the investigators indicated that the sulforaphane may be exerting its protective actions by activating a signaling molecule, NRF2, that elevates the capacity of cells to adapt to and survive a broad range of environmental toxins. This strategy may also be effective for some contaminants in water and food.
* June 9 online edition of the journal Cancer Prevention Research.
- Broccoli Sprout Beverage Enhances Detoxification of Air Pollutants in Clinical Trial in China (healthresearchreport.me)
- Rapid and Sustainable Detoxication of Airborne Pollutants by Broccoli Sprout Beverage: Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial in China. (wchildblog.com)
- Rapid and Sustainable Detoxication of Airborne Pollutants by Broccoli Sprout Beverage: Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial in China. (blogontheedgeoftheuniverse.wordpress.com)
- Broccoli Loves Us (theatlantic.com)
- Broccoli drink flushes air pollutants from body (futurity.org)
- Intake of Broccoli Helps Eliminate Harmful Chemicals from the Body: Study (mdconnects.com)
- Broccoli Can Help Reduce Health Risks Associated With Air Pollution (ecowatch.com)