Special forces sniper who claimed SAS assassinated Diana by shining light into her driver’s face ‘has fled Britain’

Read Time:3 Minute, 54 Second

  • Solider N was due to be interviewed by  Scotland Yard for new investigation
  • Said to have left the country on Monday  and Tuesday and maybe in the UAE
  • Comes after his claims that the crash was  a ‘hit’ ordered by an elite unit
  • Sources say he may have fled because of  the ‘pressure’

By  Wills Robinson

PUBLISHED: 06:27 EST, 22  September 2013 |  UPDATED: 09:04 EST, 22 September 2013

Claims: Scotland Yard were set to interview the solider before he allegedly left the country 

Claims: Scotland Yard were set to interview the solider  about his alleged claims over Diana’s death before he allegedly left the country

 

The SAS soldier who made astonishing claims  Princess Diana was murdered by special forces has apparently fled Britain just  days before he is set to be questioned by police.

The former sniper, known only as soldier N,  is said to have left the country as Scotland Yard launches a new investigation  into the Princess’ death.

He allegedly told his wife that a member of  an elite unit shone a light in her chauffeur’s face causing him to crash in  August 1997.

The wife claimed her husband had told her the  ‘hit’ had been  instructed by someone in the  royal inner circle because  they did not approve of Diana’s relationship with Fayed.

Soldier N was due to meet Scotland Yard’s DCI  Philip Easton but is understood to have  left the country on Monday or Tuesday.

A source close to the investigation told The  Sunday People: ‘Soldier N is key to this inquiry as he is the person who made  the claims about Diana’s murder.

‘Pressure on him has been mounting since the  original story broke last month. He was aware police wanted to interview  him.’

It is thought Soldier N may be have travelled  to the United Arab Emirates while his partner and her children are still at  their home in Hereford.

Scotland Yard reportedly decided to review  the case, 16 years after Diana’s death in a Paris underpass, after  interviewing the woman who insists her former husband’s claims were  true.

She alleged a white car and  motorbike were involved in  the plot which enlisted the services of one  of Soldier N’s former SAS  colleagues.

When asked by officers why she hadn’t  reported her husband’s theory earlier the woman said she had been sworn to  secrecy.

In a dramatic twist, the investigation could  also unearth recordings of the  crash after security experts revealed Diana’s  phone was bugged.

Soldier N is also alleged to have stolen  money while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Claims: Soldier N allegedly told his wife about the 'hit' after he had taken Prince William on an advanced driving course in 2008 

Crash: Soldier N allegedly told his wife about the ‘hit’  after he had taken Prince William on an advanced driving course in  2008

 

His wife reportedly told officers that when  he returned from a tour of duty in Iraq in 2004, she was asked to pay 13,000  Iraqi dinars (around £7,000) into his personal bank account.

The conversation took place in 2011 but the  couple have since separated. When the  woman quizzed her husband  about his theory he reportedly told her the SAS had  been following Diana and Dodi Al Fayed, who was also killed in the  accident.

The forthcoming investigation, which was  prompted by the claims, will look into allegations from a  source in  the  UK security industry that GCHQ was remotely taping Diana and Dodi up until the  moment of the crash.

A source told a national newspaper said Diana was a prime intelligence target, GCHQ operatives ‘would have wanted and had the capacity to listen live to the conversations in the car as it sped away from the Ritz.’.

Couple: Diana and Dodi pictured on CCTV at the Ritz Hotel in Paris just hours before the fatal crash 

Couple: Diana and Dodi pictured on CCTV at the Ritz  Hotel in Paris just hours before the fatal crash

 

At the time IRA terrorists were driving  vehicles packed with explosives around the UK in plots to blow up city centres –  and senior military commanders had to find a way to thwart them.

One source said: ‘The SAS had to develop a  series of tactics for every eventuality. In the 1980s the IRA were driving bombs  to targets around Britain.’

Diana, 36, Fayed, 42, and their driver Henri  Paul, 41, were killed in the  crash in 1997. The Princess’ bodyguard Trevor  Rees-Jones was seriously  injured.

Al Fayed’s father, Mohammed Al Fayed has always asserted the pair’s deaths were the result of a planned murder  at the  hands of the British Establishment and MI6, and similarly claims a white Fiat  was involved in the crash but has never been traced.

 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2428913/Special-forces-sniper-claimed-SAS-assassinated-Diana-shining-light-drivers-face-fled-Britain.html#ixzz2fdhY6ZFv Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook



Categories: Health Technology News

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%
%d bloggers like this: