PUBLISHED: 08:56 EST, 1 November 2013 | UPDATED: 08:57 EST, 1 November 2013
Let this be a lesson to young men: Any more than a spritz of AXE body spray and you’re more likely to actually hospitalize girls as opposed to attract them.
Medgar Evers College Preparatory School in Brooklyn, New York was temporarily shut down yesterday after eight students were hospitalized after being exposed to AXE body spray in a sixth-grade classroom.
In addition to the eight students transported to the hospital by EMS, two other students were taken to personal doctors by their parents and one student declined medical attention.
Administrators are investigating the incident and disciplinary action is pending, according to a statement released by the school.
This isn’t the first time that the male deodorant has caused problems in schools.
Last March, a Pennsylvania high school banned the substance after one of their students was hospitalized after being exposed to AXE.
One student turned out to have a ‘potentially life threatening’ allergy to the spray and so the administration asked students to stop wearing it.
In May 2012 a fire alarm was triggered at a Connecticut high school when an ‘overabundance’ of AXE was sprayed in a locker room.
Apparently misusing the product has become a real problem. On the company’s website they have a page on ‘responsible use’ which cautions users against huffing the product.
In a video, a guy and girl present a public service announcement saying it’s cooler to ‘Keep AXE on you, not in you’.
They also warn against igniting the spray on fire.
‘Bottom line: AXE smells great when you’re wearing it, not when you’re lighting it on fire,’ the girl spokesman says.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2483494/Noxious-odor-hospitalized-students-turned-graders-AXE-body-spray.html#ixzz2jPFob1Na Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook