– Those who ate most fibre had a 25% lower chance of dying in the nine years after their heart attack compared with those who ate least fibre, the researchers found. Every 10g per day increase in fibre intake was associated with a 15% lower risk of dying over the nine-year follow-up period.
* BMJ APR 2014
- Heart attack survivors who eat lots of fiber live longer (eurekalert.org)
- Heart attack survivors who eat lots of fiber live longer ( Up to 25% Longer ) (healthresearchreport.me)
- Life after heart attack can be prolonged by low-cost diet (thenewstribe.com)
- Fibre ‘helps heart-attack survivors’ (bbc.co.uk)