– The ability of lipoic acid to help restore a more normal circadian rhythm to aging animals could explain its apparent value in so many important biological functions, ranging from stress resistance to cardiac function, hormonal balance, muscle performance, glucose metabolism and the aging process.
* published in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Jul 2014
- Lipoic acid helps restore, synchronize ‘biological clock’ (sciencedaily.com)
- Lipoic acid helps restore, synchronize the “biological clock” (rdmag.com)
- Lipoic acid helps restore, synchronize the ‘biological clock’ (eurekalert.org)
- Lipoic acid helps cognitive function in Alzheimer’s disease (foodconsumer.org)